About Ann Storck Center
In the early 1950s, Ann Storck, a pediatric nurse for 26 years from Connecticut, retired to South Florida. In 1951, she opened her heart and her home to a handful of disregarded children with developmental disabilities. In 1955, Ms. Storck founded a permanent residential facility for children, the Pediatric Care Center. She operated the Center, providing care for 55 children, until she re-retired in 1969.
The Pediatric Care Center evolved into Ann Storck Center, Inc. in honor of Ann Storck’s commitment to the children of Broward County. Incorporated on December 13, 1981, Ann Storck Center now serves almost 300 individuals on 6 locations and two campuses with over 55,000 square feet of living and learning space through several programs. This includes the Early Intervention Preschool, Adult Day Training (ADT) program, Residential Services, Hi-Ability Therapy Program, Transportation Services and the Expressive Arts program.